Into the Blue...The Top Hotels with pools in Barcelona
I can´t wait for my summer break and have been searching for hotels with pools around Catalonia for a long weekend away. After having found so many beautiful infinity and relaxing pools around the countryside, I thought I´d do a post on Hotels with Pools in Barcelona....
1) I´m a massive fan of inifinity pools, so here´s one of the best in the city. Found at the top of the Grand Hotel Central in the old part of town, this rooftop pool is cooling with perfect views and a great spot for evening drinks and snacks.
2) Whilst relaxing at the outdoor pool in the Hotel Arts you can admire Frank Gehry´s impressive golden fish sculpture and also have some ace pizzas in the café bar by the pool. The Hotel is located right on the beach at Port Olimpic.
3) Close to the beautiful Barcelona Cathedral and in the centre of the old town, Hotel Ohla´s rooftop pool is stunning and a great place to relax with a cocktail at dusk.
4) Gran Hotel La Florida has panoramic views over Barcelona city and the sea. It´s sophisticated and elegant, but if you´re not a guest you can still enjoy the views from their L´Orangerie restaurant.
5) The Hotel Rey Juan Carlos is located near the famous Camp Nou Stadium and offers a relaxing grassy space and outdoor swimming pool. For non-guests you can use the pool at a day rate of 25€
6) For something more central, try the Hotel 1898 with its indoor spa and rooftop pool with views. If you want to be in the midst of it and be able to walk the city from your hotel door, this is the one for you.
7) Hotel Barcelò Raval is also very near to the Ramblas and offers 360 views over the city. The pool is a cute plunge pool more suited to cooling off with a cocktail than swimming. Non-guests can head up to the rooftop to enjoy the views and a drink after 6.30pm.
8) Hotel Majestic is in a privileged location on the upmarket Passeig de Gracia. Surrounded by sophisticated boutiques and bars, the hotel rooftop is pure luxury and offers great views of the Sagrada Familia. (Also nice for a morning coffee for non-guests!)
9) I keep coming back to it - but with a rooftop like this, I just have to recommend it. Hotel Condes de Barcelona is central & beautiful. With a plunge pool for keeping cool in the summer heat and the ideal spot for evening drinks with view of Gaudi´s Pedrera and Sagrada Familia, it´s pretty perfect.
10) I´ve left it till last, but it is still one of the coolest hotel pools in Barcelona... See and be seen at the W Hotel, with beach views, cocktail bar, regular celeb guests and its own private beach. Pretty stunning.
(Hotel photos courtesy of the various hotel sites & reviews)