2) It´s been mentioned in my blog before, but I have to come back to it again. The Alaire bar at the top of the Condes de Barcelona hotel is one of my favourite terraces in the centre of Barcelona for its location, views, wine and food. It´s what I call "lazy tourism" as you have perfect views of Gaudi´s Pedrera and the Sagrada Familia whilst enjoying a drink and some tapas. There are two entrances to the hotel and the Alaire bar is in the hotel on the south side of calle Mallorca (next to Zadig & Voltaire shop) It´s definitely worth a visit although I´m not so impressed with its recent (summer 2017) refurb!)
3) Right in the centre of town (next to Plaza Catalunya) you´ll find the beautiful garden terrace of Hotel Pulitzer. An oasis of green plants, candles, fairy lights and soft music, it´s a nice break from the noise and madness of the Ramblas.
4) A little further from the centre but with spectacular views to make the cab ride worth the journey, go to Gran Hotel La Florida up towards Tibidabo (the cathedral on the mountain at the north of Barcelona). The perfect setting for a romantic date.
5) For 360· views of the city, stop off at the rooftop bar of the Barceló Raval hotel. You can walk around the circular hotel rooftop and check out Barcelona from every angle. Quite impressive whilst sipping on a glass of wine.
6) The rooftop terrace of Hotel Omm just off the beautiful Passeig de Gracia is great for drinks with friends set to the backdrop of the lights of Barcelona and quite often, live music. A fun & classy option, but quite pricey!
7) It´s got to be part of this list....the Wet Bar at the W Hotel. Stunning beachfront views, live DJ nights, potentially slightly pretencious but good food & great vibes! It is what it is but makes for a special night if you´re here for a holiday and it´s a great spot for some nice instagramming!
Address: Plaça de la Rosa del Vents, 1 (Head for the big sail-shaped hotel by the beach)
Nearest tube: Barceloneta (then a good 15 min walk) or taxi!
8) The stunning rooftop terrace with pool and gorgeous views at the Skybar at the top of the Grand Hotel Central between the centre of town and the port in Barcelona. Relax with a cocktail & tapas from 8pm.
9) The terrace at The Cotton House Hotel is total luxury! With huge palms and bamboo furniture it has a colonial feel. Delicious wine and not bad prices compared to the UK. The bar food is also pretty amazing!
10) In Barcelona out of season? You still have a terrace option...the cute Villa Emilia Hotel in the more villagey area of Sant Antoni provides a little sanctuary at night for a mojito and blankets if it´s cool, but also a nice place for a morning coffee with friends. With live music during the summer months, the boutique Villa Emilia is a more chilled but equally beautiful terrace.
11) If you´re a member of Soho House, then get up to the terrace, have a dip in their pool and lounge, eat, and drink until the sun goes down. With stunning views over the port, the Soho House group have created an incredible space with a delicious cocktail & tapas menu to accompany it! Try the sea bass ceviche, croquettes and delicious wild rice salad.
11) My final recommendation for rooftop terraces isn´t actually on a rooftop but makes me happy so it´s going in...It´s the cool, perfect sunset cocktail place called SALT. Right on the beach, there´s nothing that makes a holiday more than this. Chill out music, twinkly lights, lush cocktails and food too. A perfect end to a perfect holiday.
Address: Part of the W Hotel, see above.
Nearest tube: Barceloneta, then walk or taxi.