Coffee & cake in Barcelona

A mid afternoon meet up with a friend is always best done over coffee and cake, and here are the best spots in Barcelona to enjoy this little ritual. (So call a friend and meet up soon!)

OMA Bistro

Exposed brick walls, brightly painted chairs, fairy lights and great coffee. (Or craft beer, if you´re interested) Head for the sofa for a long lazy catch up with friends. A nice mix of young people and families head to OMA, which is in the centre of town & I highly recommend the New York style cheesecake, it´s incredible!





Ugot 

Flamingo covered wallpaper, delicate vintage china and some of the most delicious cakes in Barcelona. 5 mins walk from the centre and a popular place with locals rather than tourists. Also great for brunch.





La Marquise Decadente

Great choice of homemade cakes & tea-room style furnishings. Good-sized portions and delicious pastries too. Cute little find just below the Diagonal. 




Tropico

Chunky & delicious carrot cake & some of the prettiest smoothies I´ve ever seen! They also do a great brunch (very popular, so book in advance) and I just loved the interior design here at Tropico. Located between the Raval and La Rambla.







Rekons

Still one of my favourites (..and on the corner of my road!) Rekons do a great carrot cake, blueberry and cheescake muffins and chocolate brownies. A busy, popular place with the locals and a pavement terrace in the sun.


I love hearing about any new places in town or delicious cakes that I haven´t yet tried, so please let me know if I missing something seriously good! 

Enjoy your coffee and cake!



Comments

  1. Please add le Cafe Cometa, it's an amaing place.
    Otman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts