Deco & Design


Vintage garden decor at Lu-ink

I´m seriously feeling the need to make some changes to my home after living there for nearly 4 years; A few new cushions, a proper clear out of my wardrobe (and maybe a few new autumnal pieces!) and a bit of upcycling to add colour to some dark wood pieces. 

So I was so happy when I came across this little decor & design shop in the San GervasĂ­ area of Barcelona. 



Walking into this shop is like opening up an antique jewellery box and finding lots of beautiful treasures inside. There´s so much to see and so many ideas of design, textures and colours. 
The pieces are hand-made by the owners and the printed fabrics are especially gorgeous. And I was more than happy with my purchase - a "King´s Road" printed vintage cushion to remind me of home.


Love this print!
Blanca and George, the owners and artists, are not only incredibly creative and welcoming, but also give specific interior design guidance, and as a result I´m in the process of upcycling my antique wooden trunk with chalk paint to brighten up the entrance of my home.  

Hand-made wooden signs and artwork

So if you love design and decoration and feel you need something to add a touch of vintage or unique design to your home like a colourful print, a handmade lampshade or a cool wooden cutting board... then head to Lu-ink in Madrazo, 141. You can also ask for bespoke wood or fabric designs for that special occasion. 


In this part of town, you can also visit the beautiful old market Galvany (across the road from the shop) for fresh food and Catalan produce or stop for a coffee at the cute CafĂ© Turo across from the park. 




Comments

  1. Stunning, next time I am over would love to visit, I think I need that Chanel print it is gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts