My Top 10 restaurants in the centre and El Born
Click on the map to the right to see where they are...
1) Bar Lobo: Tapas and Mediterranean style food. The food is great and sitting on the sunny terrace with pretty cushions makes for a very pleasant evening in the sun! (Great spot for people-watching)
Avg price: €20
2) Llamber: Delicious sharing dishes, Asturian tapas style in a cosy and charming space with open-brick walls. Good for groups or couples.
Avg price €33
3) Cuines de Santa Caterina: Perfect spot if you don´t know what you fancy eating as the menu covers everything from Asian to Mediterranean food, and all fresh market quality. The space is modern and cool with long wooden tables and a buzzy market atmosphere. You can´t book but this isn´t a problem as once you put your name on the list for a table you can sit up at the tapas bar and have a drink and small tapas.
Avg price €25
4) Mercat Princesa: Best place for tapas in a market-style restaurant which is quite informal and fun. Choose your dishes at different stalls and you will go back for more! Amazing food and cool interior. Try the patatas bravas, mini burgers and huevos estrellados. Probably my favourite place for tapas.
€ depends on how hungry you are!
5) Teresa Carles Restaurant or round the corner try Flax n Kale from the same chain: Delicious, fresh, vegetarian & flexitarian! (not sure what that is) food in a cosy and pretty environment. For Fresh parpadelle with wok vegetables, make your own salads, & great wine!
Average price €20+
|Flax n Kale|
7) L´Oucomballa: Romantic, cosy and cute. Delicious mediterranean food and good wine.
Avg price: 35
|Not great photos but a cute place|
Avg price €35 open Mon-Fri only. Call to reserve: 933 198 253
9) Sagardi: For something different...Basque style tapas served on crusty bread. The ambience is relaxed as you stand at barrels eating and drinking typical Basque cider or chill on the sunny terrace outside. Good for a short stop-off to re-fuel.
10) Schilling Bar and Restaurant: Perfect for nachos & wine or beer & a burger. Informal, cool restaurant just off the Ramblas. Vintage brasserie with fairy lights - great early evening stop if you´ve been wandering around the centre.
Avg price €15
If you know any that you think should be on this list, it´d be great to hear about them.